Hello, mumshies! It’s me again, your millennial mother on social media.
Today I’m going to try something new for my blog and start my first Fashion Friday series.
I’m not used to having fashion photos taken because I was never sure if I can pull it off but with the encouragement of my friends, I wish to step out of my comfort zone and try something unordinary.
Today was an event day so I decided to dress up a little formal and take out my little black dress for the night. I’ve had this dress for a while now and it’s one of my favorite staple pieces because I can modify it in so many ways. I can use it for a semi-formal meeting, a kid’s birthday party and even a busy errand day.
- Dress: Bought online- this little black dress has been with me for 3 years now and the quality is still in perfect shape. I cannot remember from which online store I bought it from but I know that it costs for only 300 pesos. This dress is perfect for small errands because it’s easy to put on and can be paired with anything. I love wearing this with white sneakers to balance the femininity of the dress.
- Earrings: Parfois- my mom recently bought this pair for me in Cebu and she said it was on 50% off. She bought one in all 3 colors! The pair I’m wearing is in gold and it is perfect for simple OOTDs and classic outfits. The earrings costs for 350 pesos which were not back for its quality.
- Necklace: H&M Accessories- Before motherhood, I was known to be a hidden mermaid on land because I am always ready for a beach trip. I remember the look of my classmate’s face when they found my beach bag in my trunk one day, they asked if I was going to the beach after class and I smiled. I always had a beach bag ready for a random day when I decide to take a dip. This is one of the perks of living so near to a beach, easy access to the water at any time. Unfortunately, taking care of the kids can be hectic and our beach days are now reduced to once a month trips. This is why I really wanted to have a necklace which reminded me of the beach and as soon as I found this gold shell necklace at H&M I bought it right away.
- Shoes: Bought in Bulk through a friend- this local find has no name because my friend found a seller online and asked if we wanted to purchase one to save on shipping. I was told that this was locally made from Manila and it costs for only 700 pesos. This mustard block heel is super comfortable and simple which is perfect for mixing and matching outfits.
- Bag: LV Neverfull: This bag was given to me by my mother as a gift during college. Back then I had no idea how much this bag costs and I would use it as a school bag with all my thick books and notebooks in it. It was only when one of my teachers called me “sosyal” for using an LV bag for school when I became curious about my bag. Obviously, I am not one who likes branded clothing and bags so I didn’t give much attention to what my mom would give me as gifts.
That’s it! Thanks for reading my blog mumshies and I’ll see you on my next Fashion Friday blog!
So how did I do for my first Fashion Friday series? Comment below if you like posts like this!