We did a lot of firsts this month and one of them was our kids’ first time at the dentist! Yup, it’s their first time and I feel very ashamed showing this on social media because I haven’t been on top of their dental care more than I should be. Pedia dental care is really something our mommy generation should prioritise because this could help them have better teeth and prevent them from having braces in the future (talk about savings!)
But to my surprise, my boys have zero cavities! This is such a big deal because we don’t really stop them from having ice cream and candies at home, we let them enjoy their favourite treats in moderation!
Did you know that the number one bad component for our teeth isn’t candies but GUMMY BEARS/ GUMMY SNACKS! I am today years old, when I found out that gummies can stay longer in between our teeth and can cause damage!
That’s just one thing I’ve learned about Pedia dental care! Sharing with you some of the benefits of how important Pedia dental care is for our kiddos:
- Correct Cleaning Information- As parents we do our best to clean and educate our kids about proper dental care, but the professionals can give us insights on what’s best for our children and how we can prevent cavities from happening.
- Proactive Care- Our dentists can help detect problems such as tooth decay from an early age. This way we can actively know what dental care our kids need!
- Monitoring tooth development- My son lost a couple of baby teeth this year and It is very important for me to know how his tooth development is going. Dentists can help me monitor the changes and developments of your child’s teeth as they grow up.
Wondered how I got my kids calm and cooperative during the dentist appointment? Here are my personal tips!
- Show them the a short clip about Cavities- this really helped them understand why it was important for them to brush their teeth three times a day, and may have been the reason why they have zero cavities!
- Give them an activity or treat after their check up- we went to get Yogurt after their checkup and since they have zero cavities, they got extra toppings!
- Assure them- stay close, hold their hand, and assure them that the dentist is a good person and not someone from the cartoons they watch who would normally scare kids.
For your dental care needs visit Chelsea Dental located at the second floor of Tulip Compound, Juna Subdivision, Davao! I personally recommend this place because of how professional Doc Chelsea and her whole staff is! Doc Chelsea is also a mother and can really keep my kiddos calm and playful while having their teeth checked. Their location has great parking space, and is easily accessible since it’s in the main part of Davao City. Their clinic is big and clean, making it the perfect environment for kids to have their first checkup!
Contact them here: 0995 961 7787 to get a booking!