Hey mumshies! It’s me again, your millennial mother on social media!
Celebrate National Hair Free Day by Making the Big Switch
Why do we have to go through pain just to achieve beauty? It is known that women have incredibly high pain tolerance and this is proven by the way we take care of our image. We wear feet blistering heels, corsets to keep our figure fit, and even painful surgeries to achieve our own definition of beauty.
This can also be seen through the way we take care of our body and our grooming routine. Eyelash extensions may not be painful, but it is extensive and in need of a lot of care. A common grooming routine among women is waxing. May it be having free underarms for our sleeveless tops or even flawless bottoms for our bikini days. Waxing is something women take into consideration when we are asked on how we keep our bodies pampered. Though wearing heels and corsets may be painful, waxing doesn’t have to be.
There are three ways where we can wax our unwanted hair. The traditional hot wax, the cold wax and what is new and popular right now, the sugar wax. As much as I love my body, and all of it’s flaws, my underarms have been known to be one of my insecurities. I make sure that my underarms are not visible on photos, and I am careful when wearing sleeveless or when I’m in a bikini. I’ve personally tried all three waxing techniques and I’ve narrowed down my reasons why I love sugar waxing the most.
Benefits of Sugar Waxing:
- All natural ingredients- waxing salons use chemical ingredients to pull out or skin, and though this may be safe, do you really want strange chemicals in your private area? Sugar wax is clean for the skin that it can even be eaten! Yes, you read it right. We can eat sugar wax! Most sugar waxes are using all natural ingredients which is mainly sugar and some sort of preservative from citrus.
- Less irritation- my skin has been known to be very sensitive to products, I’ve had allergy reactions to lotions and oils and even more to waxing products. I used to visit a local waxing salon to have my weekly treatments but I was left with redness and bumps for a long period of time. At first, I thought it was normal but upon extensive research, I found out that my skin is having a bad reaction to the chemicals used for waxing.
- Less risk of burning- Have you ever tried getting burned by wax? Ouch. It is not a nice feeling at all. I’ve experience this and it was not a good feeling at all! It feels like having candle wax all over your skin and to make matters worst, I wasn’t burned during an underarm session. It was horrible! I thought I was never going back for a wax again, then I changed to cold wax but it was even more painful than having a hot wax! That is why I fell in love with sugar waxing! The wax is made that it only need the body warmth for it to be effective, no need to wait for the wax to be cool, and no need for the dry and awful pulls or cold wax.
- Cleaner post- wax- I hate the sticky excess wax left after a hot wax, that sticky feeling when you finished doing a cold wax. Sugar waxing is water soluble which makes it easier to clean up.
- Permanent Smooth Results- I’ve observed that after a few sugar waxing sessions my skin has been permanently smoother than before and my chicken skin has lessen. My hair has become thinner which makes it less painful for the next sugar waxing session.
In the spirit of National Hair Free Day, Hey Sugar is letting you in on a secret- waxing doesn’t have to be painful! Their method allows the sugar mixture to seep into your pores making the grip better for the hair follicles to be pulled out from the roots itself. Not only does it has a clean way of extracting unwanted hair, it serves as a natural moisturizer and exfoliator for your skin.
Leading up to National Hair Free Day, Hey Sugar will also be offering an incredible pampering treat. Visit your nearest Hey Sugar branch on November 27 from 11AM to 3PM and you can indulge in their free eyebrow threading and underarm waxing services.