Christmas is just a few days away and I haven’t finished shopping for my family and friends. It may be overwhelming to buy gifts for our loved ones but I’ve always been the person who gets a sense of joy when giving gifts. I try my best to send gifts and small messages to the ones I care about and show a little appreciation for the friendship that we’ve shared.
But because I love to cram, I didn’t do my shopping early on the month. It’s a few days away from Christmas and I still have half a list of people to cater to. The malls have been impossible to go to lately because of all the overwhelming traffic caused by shoppers as well. That’s why I’ve decided to purchase products from local stores and small business owners. Not only because their locations are easier to spot and will get me away from traffic, but because I love supporting local businesses especially the ones from Davao City. As a local business owner myself, I know how hard it is to compete with the market and being noticed can be difficult. Marketing can be expensive and with all the holiday rush, consumers always opt to go to malls and buy gifts in one place.
This is why I want to share some of the local products and businesses in Davao City where I bought most of my holiday gifts.
Let’s start with something personal.
- Davao AnMari Handmades– Of course, I’m starting with my personal brand! You know what they say “love your own” and that’s why Davao AnMari Handmades is the first in my list. If you don’t know yet, my mother and I are the owners of Davao AnMari Handmades, which started as a passion project in coordination with the women inmates of Davao Ma-a Jail. We help the women who are in jail serving their time to produce income for the families they’ve left outside their jail cells. Most of the workers are drug users and are determined to change their lives for their families through work. Using plastic twines, they create beautiful bags based on my mother’s designs, and we sell them for a reasonable price. Almost 70% of the total earnings are given to the inmates and this has helped them support their kids and loved ones while serving their time.
The bags can be bought online through Facebook and Instagram. You can also visit their showroom located at #17 Taurus street Doña Luisa Phase 2, Matina, Davao City upon scheduling through their social media accounts.
2. Hailey Organics- Great quality cosmetics can be found in the heart of Davao. I’ve been using these products for almost 4 months now and I absolutely love them! They are easy to use and the pigmentation can be compared to high-quality brands. I love supporting local products and Hailey Organics is one of my favorite local makeup brands! My personal favorite is their lip tint, I was never a fan of lip tints before, but I found my deal-breaker with Hailey Organics! That’s why they are easily on my Christmas Gift Guide 2019.
You can buy their products at the Luna Lifestyle Cafe located at Inigo corner Porras Street, Obrero, Davao City.
3. Abuela’s Kitchen PH– Let’s talk about FOOD! The best thing to give for a Christmas Party is food. You can never go wrong with it! One perfect example for my Christmas Gift Guide is Abuela’s Kitchen PH. Abuela’s Kitchen PH has a variety of dips and spices to choose from. They have hummus, seasoning and even chili sauces to choose from.
You can easily order through their Facebook Page. Click here to order!
4. Laurel & Co.– Let’s find something for the kids this Christmas for our Christmas Gift Guide 2019, and one local brand I’ve found amazing is Laurel & Co. This brand is originally from Davao City created by a Mompreneur who loves to accessorize her own baby but was never satisfied with the headbands and headwraps available in the market. So she created her own brand and a few years after, she is a big success in the mommy market!
They also have jelly sandals for kids! Here’s a photo of Travis enjoying his Jelly Sandals in Mustard for his daily use and the beach. Their sandals are not only for girls but can be used for our little boys too!
I also buy my trendy headbands from Laurel & Co. as well!
You can buy their products directly on their Facebook or Instagram. They have outlet stores in Davao (Storked PH), Manila (Frankies located on the 2nd floor of SM Aura Premier BGC.) and Cebu (FANCITY, 2F Ayala Malls Central Bloc, IT Park, Cebu City) as well!
5. Gifts Davao– If you haven’t decided what to give your loved ones just yet, let Gifts Davao help you! They have a variety of gift packs to choose from. What I love from boxed gifts is it’s a full package of things your loved one will adore! Wine is always a good idea that’s why I don’t hesitate buying anyone a bottle of wine. For men, they also have special pens to choose from.
You can buy directly from their store located at the Ground Floor, Casa Panolee Bldg., Loyola St., Obrero (across Plaza del Carmen) Davao City. Or contact them (0925 818 8337). You can also message them on Facebook.
6. Dr.HEED– Looking for something for your white elephant gift? Something that is unisex but doesn’t have to be lame like bath towels or a coffee mug? What about an old fashioned dyed T-shirt for a change? Dr. HEED is another local product from Davao City that sells dyed T-shirts. The trend is back everyone!
You can order them on hand-dyed shirts on Facebook.
7. Sweets by Chibi– Who doesn’t love sweets?? It’s the perfect balance for all the food we are stuffing in this Christmas. I love supporting local bakers and one of them is Sweets by Chibi. Their brownies and cookies are just the right sweetness you need after eating some lechon!
Your sweets are available at Davao Sellers Hub! Inside City Triangle, Corner Roxas, CM Recto Street, Davao City (in front ADDU & Marco Polo Hotel) Monday to Saturday 9 am to 9 pm, Sunday 1 pm to 7 pm. And Cha-Rang-Hae! Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 9 pm, Sunday from 1 pm to 9 pm.
Located at Chang2x Business Center, Lauron Street, Gredu, Panabo City.
8. Fairydoll Ph– Let’s move to skincare for all our close girlfriends. There are so many brands of skincare products to choose from but when I want to buy local products for my face, I always trust Fairydoll Ph. I’ve tested and used their products for almost a year now, and I love it! No allergies, no reactions, just smooth and luscious skin for days!
They have a lot of products to choose from so don’t hesitate and visit their Facebook page now! They also have a Fairydoll Lounge located at Sobrecarey Street (3.89 km) 8000 Davao City where you can have your vitamin drips done before your big Christmas gatherings.
That’s it for today’s Blog!
Hopefully, this list has helped you choose some gifts for your loved ones this Christmas 2019.
Keep supporting local businesses until 2020!
Comment down below if you have a business, or friends who you want me to feature!
I hope you liked this blog. Let’s stay connected! Follow me on my socials listed down below.