Pregnancy is not a joke. You should never take this moment for granted because it can be the most amazing feeling in the world.. or the worst. Being pregnant three times, people think that I’m used to it. I should be used to the discomforts of pregnancy, the morning sickness, the anxiety. But currently, 24 weeks pregnant and I must say, I am still surprised with how pregnancy is for me.
EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT. I cannot stress this more than enough. I have 3 totally different pregnancies. I did all the same things during the three pregnancies but some symptoms have not been similar. I’ve learned to adjust and cope through reading books and blogs about other mom’s pregnancy journeys and I thought that maybe writing this would help someone on the other end of this screen.
So here are my Top 10 Pregnancy Essentials:
- Pregnancy Bras– as soon as you are pregnant, you will automatically notice that your boobs will get bigger, you will think that it’s such a Hail Mary at first (coming from someone who used to have flat boobies) because you will appreciate the new boobies but after a couple of months, that will all change. They will get heavier, and more uncomfortable. Soon enough you will need new bras to support those ladies. Invest in a better bra. My favorite one is from White Dahlias.
I really enjoyed taking photos with the new bras because they are not only functional but they are also stylish. Their bras are not only for maternity, but for nursing as well.
Check out their website here.
2. Essential Oils– During this pregnancy, I have been so bothered with all sorts of smells. Whether it would be my food, laundry detergent, or my husband’s deodorant I CANNOT TAKE IT. My sense of smell has been so sensitive that I need oils to make sure I don’t vomit (LOL). So I use oils from Young Living, preferably Lavender and Peppermint to make sure that my nose won’t be too irritated.
3. Stretch Marks Lotion– My belly is getting bigger and bigger by the day and I want to avoid stretch marks as much as possible. I’ve been using the Palmers Tummy Butter for Stretch Marks and the BUDS & BLOOMS Belly Smooth Stretch Mark Cream. I alternate these products depending on how my belly feels that day.
4. Vitamins– Aside from prenatal vitamins from my doctor, I drink a capsule of Mega-Malunggay Capsules (Moringa Oleifera + Sodium Ascorbate). Even before I got pregnant these have been my go-to vitamins since they are packed with Vitamin C and are great as immunity boosters. Since I’m carrying this baby during the COVID19 times, we made sure that I stay healthy and strong.
5. Maternity Pillow– Sleeping during the 2nd trimester has been so difficult because of the size of my belly. No matter how many pillows I have, I can never be comfortable when watching TV or sleeping. That’s why I bought a huge pillow from S&R to support my growing body.
Most maternity pillows are pricey, that’s why I bought a simple long pillow that I can twist and angle around for my changing body.
6. Ultrasensitive maternity toothbrush- I’ve never thought I needed this type of toothbrush until I tried it for myself. My gums have been extremely sensitive ever since I became pregnant and I know it’s a normal thing when you’re pregnant but I have finally found a solution. The Ultrasensitive Maternity toothbrush from Buds & Bloom is really good at pre and post-natal care.
7. Memory Keepsakes- Since this might be my last time to be pregnant, I wanted to make sure to take note of all my memories, symptoms, and experiences while I’m pregnant. For me, the best way was to take monthly bump photos of my belly. There as so many ways to take photos with your baby bump, and for me, making OOTD shots have been the easiest and safest way for me to track my belly’s progress.
8. Maternity Clothing- This is probably a given since our bodies will change and we won’t be able to fit into our own pants anymore but we need to be wise with our choice of clothing. Aside from looking for clothes that would fit, you need items that you can use even after pregnancy. Look for breastfeeding friendly items like something that can open up in the front or have breastfeeding holes in it. Take note that you might not shrink back right away after pregnancy, so you will need loose and comfortable clothing for the 4th Trimester.
Here are some websites and local shops that I buy during this pregnancy.
M&M– Click HERE to check them out
Mommy Kier Nursing Wear– Click HERE to check them out
Elin Maternity Wear– Click HERE to check them out
9. Comfy pyjamas- This can be classified as maternity clothes but I’ve been using comfy pyjamas to help me sleep properly at night. Aside from the whole 9 months of weight change, this is perfect for after the pregnancy. Pajamas with buttons are essential for night time feedings and I have always used them ever since my first pregnancy.
10. Pregnancy Workout Clothes- I always push myself to exercise even when I’m pregnant. There are all sorts of exercises that can be done while pregnant but you need to really listen to your body and all its changes. You should never push yourself to the limit. Take in mind that you are securing not only your own safety but the safety of your little baby. So invest in good and quality workout clothes!
Click HERE for my YouTube Account